How do we collect your information?
We may collect your personal information through the following ways:
When you register or use JdL Jewellery (‘Our Website’)
When you register at one of our JdL Jewellery customer events
When you contact JdL Jewellery by telephone, email or direct message on one of our social channels
When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by JdL Jewellery
When you take part in any in-store incentive
When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these)
When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
What do we collect?
When creating a JdL Jewellery account, we may collect, and keep a record of, the following personal information:
- Email address
- Delivery address
- Billing address
- Telephone number
- Mobile number
In addition to personal details such as name, address, email address and phone number, JdL Jewellery may also collect the following information:
- Details of transactions you make with JdL Jewellery (via the website, phone, email or at an event)
- Details of when you contact JdL Jewellery by email, post, telephone or direct message via one of our social channels.
- Jewellery sizing details
What do we do with the information we gather?
We treat all your personal information as private and confidential, although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below.
We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service for the reasons listed below:
- Process any orders that you make via Our Website, phone, email or at one of our events
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions)
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on offered by JdL Jewellery, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you.
- Register you on Our Website to set you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address)
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes)
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances:
- to provide evidence of a business transaction;
- to prevent or detect a crime;
- to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system;
- to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures;
- to see that quality standards or targets are being met;
- in the interests of national security;
- and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. If you choose to exercise this right, then any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by clicking the box to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website.
Updating Your Personal Information
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account via Our Website.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us, then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe:
You can click the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication.
Alternatively, you can contact us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online as below:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
In exceptional circumstances JdL Jewellery may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.