Jewellery Production Assistant & Maker
Join award-winning designer Jessica de Lotz and her tight-knit, hard-working team - and growing business. Luxury design-led jewellery brand Jessica de Lotz is looking for an experienced Production Assistant and Jewellery Maker to assist at the bench, in the London studio on a day-to-day basis.
- The candidate must have prior technical experience and proficiency in handling fine jewellery.
- The role is part-time and flexible - on average 1.5 days per week, with potential to increase.
- Freelance opportunities available and preferable.
- Start date: August 2020.
- Competitive hourly rate, depending on skills, efficiency and approach.
Please note, this role is studio-based. We have protective measures in place in the face of COVID-19. For more information on this, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day jewellery making, including trips to Hatton Garden where necessary
- Studio support
- Stocktake and ensuring supplies are up to date
- Product quality assurance
- Fulfilment of customer orders, from receipt order to delivery of final item/s
- Building and managing supplier relationships
- Administrative tasks in the studio
- Administrative tasks relating to the Shopify online store
- Opportunity to feed into marketing activity
- Handling customer collections of orders, all by appointment.
- Occasional customer-facing appointments in Jessica’s absence, where necessary,
- Reporting directly to Jessica de Lotz
We are looking for someone that is:
- Fixated on attention to detail and problem-solving.
- Well organised approach to workspace, both physical and digital.
- Mathematical, a number-cruncher to support on quotations for customer bespoke orders.
- Able to work autonomously when provided with a plan of action, and also closely with Jessica.
- Keen to work as part of a small friendly team, within a growing company.
- Deeply interested and enthusiastic about the jewellery industry and luxury market, including other innovative startup brands.
A minimum of 2-3 years prior experience on the bench is required, in the following areas in particular:
- General jewellery assembly
- Sealing wax
- Spruing and cleaning up casts
- Familiarity with gemstones and precious stones
About the role
We firmly believe job opportunities are not only about what you can offer us, but what we can offer you. We’re keen to hear what the ideal working week looks like for you! We believe strongly in returning the investment that our talent places in us, which is why we have benefits like:
- Competitive salary
- Tools and materials supplied
- Complimentary access to the workshop for personal use, on agreed dates
- Company laptop supplied
- Flexible working hours
- Studio-based, with home-working options available on occasion
- Personal discount for Jessica de Lotz products, for you and friends & family.
- An inspiring work studio and environment in Kentish Town
- Close-knit environment, working closely with Jessica
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an esteemed and exceptionally unique brand where you will be given the opportunity to add value through your experience, creativity and ideas.
Please send your CV and cover letter, outlining your prior experience and technical skills, to: email@example.com.
Shortlisted applicants should be available for a physically-distanced interview within the next 4 weeks. Interview and start dates may be flexible.
Application Deadline: Friday 31st July
About the brand
Jessica de Lotz Jewellery is a jewellery brand based in London. The brand is direct-to-consumer, with a brand-new online store enabling customers to personalise jewellery at the click of a button. Additionally, the brand offers a studio for customer appointments, for those wishing to have a more face-to-face experience with the designer.
Based in Kentish Town, North London, Jessica’s by appointment boutique-meets-studio has been voted best store by Time Out, Evening Standard and The Times.
Jessica set up her esteemed jewellery brand in 2008 after graduating from Central Saint Martins. The award-winning designer has built a brand centred around personalisation, translating customer stories into unique pieces of jewellery.
As a maker-designer, you'll find Jessica moving between her studio bench where she handcrafts each of her designs and in Hatton Garden, sourcing materials from local partners, supporting the jewellery trade she was schooled in.
A British designer in demand, Jessica has collaborated on collections with names including Peroni and Smythson, and her jewellery is a firm favourite with A-listers including Helena Bonham Carter, Cara Delevingne and Killing Eve’s Villanelle aka Jodie Comer. More recently, Jessica's 19th Century wax seal ring featured in Greta Gerwig’s Oscar-nominated film 'Little Women'.
Importantly, we are an equal opportunities employer. We acknowledge that discrimination exists and we stand against it. Whatever your situation, gender, race, age, or sexuality, we’d love to hear from you.